Locations: San Diego
About the Hiring Company
The hiring company is a major importer of high quality home textiles. Founded over 25 years ago, the company currently employs 300 people globally and our headhunters are seeking a sales manager to add to their team.
With a quarter billion dollars in business, the company has longstanding relationships with most major retailers carrying home textiles, including but not limited to Bed Bath & Beyond, JCPenney, Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Kohl’s, WalMart, Target, Kmart, and more. The company also does significant business with local market accounts and a tremendous amount of business with ecommerce customers.
Principal Sales Management Job Responsibilities
• Primary role of the Sales Manager will be to drive sales by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers and close sales.
• Responsible for sales meeting preparation and follow up, and communicate with key accounts buyer on a weekly basis.
• Present product lines to assigned accounts with proposed assortments and classification requirement to align with company merchandising and design vision as well as sales objectives. Travel as necessary to meet with clients and solidify and grow sales relationships.
• Work closely with internal departments, such as product development, sourcing/production, inventory planning and packaging team to implement high-value projects.
Experience and Qualifications
• Fashion or related sales experience (apparel, textiles, footwear, etc.) with understanding of merchandising in soft goods.
• Experience building sales with at least one, ideally more, of following customers: Bed Bath & Beyond, JCPenney, Macy’s, Target, Kohl’s, WalMart, Kmart.
Benefits: Health insurance, dental, life. PTO includes major Jewish holidays and national/federal holidays.
Travel: Standard reimbursement/support for travel expenses where applicable and appropriate.