Dialing In Superior Recruitment Results
T-Mobile U.S is one of the largest providers of wireless voice and data communications services in the U.S. The company’s 61 million T-Mobile and MetroPCS contract and prepaid consumer customers utilize its networks domestically. Moreover, as a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom, they provide true global telecom capabilities.
T-Mobile @Work provides businesses with “connectivity like never before.” Through compelling discounts, cutting edge-technology and competitive pricing, the business to business division proves a key revenue generator for T-Mobile.
Recruiting Sales Hunters
Promoting the business to business telecom division meant recruiting sales hunters. Equipped with a go-to market strategy targeting small and mid-size customers across all industries, T-Mobile required rain-makers capable of making that happen.
Among other responsibilities, the entry to mid-level sales representatives would be tasked to promote T-Mobile’s business to business Primarily, this would be achieved through cold-calling and similar prospecting activities.
The executive recruiting team at KAS took the time to understand our ideal candidate profile and went and found them. They were tremendous at providing consistent follow up and qualifying candidates…Their recruiters made everything feel simple.
Also, recruiting top sales performers for the b2b segment proved time-consuming and challenging for management. Strategically, they had to be focused on revenue growth activities.
Main Recruiting Goals
- Improve applicant reach, selection and interest level
- Locate driven sales representatives who possess hunter-mentality and cold-calling experience
- Expedite the sales recruiting process
- Diversify candidate outreach methods
To better ensure a successful staffing campaign, KAS’s telecom sales recruiters integrated strategies aimed at improving the outreach and job demand among the target hiring demographic.
Essentially, implementing the below strategies was a necessity in order to exceed goals.
- Increase outreach capabilities. Utilize over 12 sourcing avenues utilized Reach out to more qualified applicants.
- Improve job descriptions and employer positioning to drive more engagement and interest from sales representatives.
Delivering a Desired Outcome
The end results were very positive. With the help of management, the approach taken by the recruiting team at KAS Placement produced tremendous outcomes.
As a result, T-Mobile immediately recognized the following improvements:
- Increase in the number of qualified applicants by over 27%.
- Improved strategic versatility in their recruiting approach
Furthermore, increasing applicant choices during the recruiting process allowed management to hire based upon both sales ability and corporate culture fit.