Dialing In Superior Recruitment Results
T-Mobile U.S is one of the largest providers of wireless voice and data communications services in the U.S. The company's 61 million T-Mobile and MetroPCS contract and prepaid consumer customers utilize its networks domestically. Moreover, as a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom, they provide true global telecom capabilities.
T-Mobile @Work provides businesses with “connectivity like never before.” Through compelling discounts, cutting edge-technology and competitive pricing, the business to business division proves a key revenue generator for T-Mobile.
Recruiting Sales Hunters
Promoting the business to business telecom division meant recruiting sales hunters. Equipped with a go-to market strategy targeting small and mid-size customers across all industries, T-Mobile required rain-makers capable of making that happen.
Among other responsibilities, the entry to mid-level sales representatives would be tasked to promote T-Mobile’s business to business Primarily, this would be achieved through cold-calling and similar prospecting activities.
Also, recruiting top sales performers for the b2b segment proved time-consuming and challenging for management. Strategically, they had to be focused on revenue growth activities.
Main Recruiting Goals
- Improve applicant reach, selection and interest level
- Locate driven sales representatives who possess hunter-mentality and cold-calling experience
- Expedite the sales recruiting process
- Diversify candidate outreach methods
To better ensure a successful staffing campaign, KAS’s telecom sales recruiters integrated strategies aimed at improving the outreach and job demand among the target hiring demographic.
Essentially, implementing the below strategies was a necessity in order to exceed goals.
- Increase outreach capabilities. Utilize over 12 sourcing avenues utilized Reach out to more qualified applicants.
- Improve job descriptions and employer positioning to drive more engagement and interest from sales representatives.
Delivering a Desired Outcome
The end results were very positive. With the help of management, the approach taken by the recruiting team at KAS Placement produced tremendous outcomes.
As a result, T-Mobile immediately recognized the following improvements:
- Increase in the number of qualified applicants by over 27%.
- Improved strategic versatility in their recruiting approach
Furthermore, increasing applicant choices during the recruiting process allowed management to hire based upon both sales ability and corporate culture fit.