“Securely” Recruiting a New VP of Sales
Based in New York City, our client enables businesses to better trust mobile phone security systems. Their cutting-edge crucial identity security solution is geared toward regulated industries such as banking and healthcare, as well as retail. KAS was tasked with recruiting a new VP of sales.
Recruiting for Ambitious Growth Plans
Right now, they are at the $10M stage and are looking to build to $50M within roughly 2 years. To do so, they are looking to continue ambitious revenue goals through the recruitment of a VP of Sales who has a track record of successfully building out sales organizations and teams, and managing relationships with high-visibility clients.
Also, part of recruiting the VP of sales was to not only sell, but to perform basic recruitment functions and sales training. Additionally, they would be responsible for basic sales management duties ensuring the business development team remain organized, focused and client-oriented.
Above all, this individual needed to springboard the organization to the next level.
VP Sales Recruiting Goals
In order to meet the main goals, KAS’s headhunters would be recruiting a VP of sales with a very specific background. Not only was an understanding of mobile security technology necessary, but a successful track-record of sales management was crucial.
Additionally, the VP of sales needed to possess a history selling into large healthcare and pharmaceutical companies. This added a layer of complexity.
- Increase brand awareness through in less established verticals such as healthcare
- Acquire new customers across target industries including finance, retail and healthcare
- Drive larger organizations to adapt the mobile security system
To ensure that enough candidates were presented, KAS utilized over twelve avenues of recruitment. Moreover, recruiting the right vp of sales meant enhances key recruiting aspects.
Initially, by implementing prescreening and assessment strategies tailored to the specific role at hand, our marketing recruiting team seamlessly narrowed down the applicant pool. The following actions were taken.
- Optimize the job description ensuring that the advertisement clearly represents the firm’s needs and expectations for this hire.
- Ensure the document is conducive to attracting the type of employees who have a clear track record of meeting stringent sales requirements.
- Implement a prescreening process aimed at deciphering both technical and sales management aptitude
- On-boarding of two Fortune 500 clients in the healthcare field
- On-boarding of one multinational retail client
- Increase of 14 million dollars in revenue within the first 9 months following vp of sales recruitment
- Consistent sales training helped improve the customer experience and also expedite the sales cycle